Friday, January 26, 2007

...Huzzah!?

I recently sold some stuff on eBay and found myself with a credit on my Paypal account. So I was browsing eBay this evening, wondering what I might purchase with said credit, when I remembered that I've been meaning to buy a pair of brightly colored Dr Martens for many years now.

I did a search and the first item that came up was a beautiful pair of bright red boots the bidding for which was going to end in 11 minutes. The boots had one bid so far, and were currently priced at $35. I waited until there were 5 minutes left on the auction, and then placed my bid.

Four minutes and fifty-nine seconds later, I emerged victorious from an unxpectedly bloody and exhilirating bidding war between myself, the first bidder, and two random strangers who came out of the woodwork at the absolute last minute.

But they're mine, now, precious. Yesss, they are.

(And for $20-40 less than retail, INCLUDING shipping!)



4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Congrats. I just got $10 Starbury sneakers, and let me tell you--they look terrific, but when I make eye-to-shoe contact with them, the thrill isn't as much about the visual, as it's about having only paid $10.

11:07 AM  
Blogger Calista said...

A GOOD DEAL IS LIKE A GREAT MEAL.

I'm a poet.

3:12 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Have you worn them to the office yet? They should cause at least a small stir.

4:54 PM  
Blogger Calista said...

Hi Stephanie! I did wear them to the office, but they hurt my feets so bad I had to change into sneakers when I got there. Still breaking them in...

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home