Thursday, September 03, 2009

Fitzwilliam, Butch, Gregorio, Dallas...

Today I was walking down the street with a very talented and kind cartoonist, who was gallantly not wondering aloud when/if I was going to manage to locate the restaurant I wanted us to eat at, when I received a text message from an unfamiliar number. It said:

Boy names: Logan, Darian, Marion, Luke, Lukas, Matthew, Mathis, Deon, Zack, Zackery, Zane, Zanus, Conner, RONAN, ROMAN, MONTY.

Spelling and capitalization is preserved faithfully from the original text.

We finally found the restaurant, and I forgot about the name text in a haze of blackberry sorbet.

Flash forward to about ten minutes ago, when I received a phone call from that same mysterious number.

"Hello?"

"Hi, it's Gidgit." (GIDGIT?)

"Who are you trying to reach, Gidgit?"

"Is Anastasia there?" (ANASTASIA!)

Sorry, wrong number, amicable hang-up, etc. Happens every day, brief contact with a mysterious stranger, ships passing in the night, no harm no foul.

But let's take a minute, here.

Logan, Darian, Marion, Luke, Lukas, Matthew, Mathis, Deon, Zack, Zackery, Zane, Zanus, Conner, RONAN, ROMAN, MONTY.

GIDGIT.

ANASTASIA.

I feel like I'm in the middle of a conspiracy of goofy names!

1 Comments:

Blogger Francoise said...

I forget everything given a haze of blackbery sorbet.

Deon?

11:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home