Friday, February 23, 2007

Holy Fucking Comic Con, Batman!

Just got back from NY Comic Con, where I spent the better part of my working day attending panels and talking to various people about children's publishing and how it dovetails with comics publishing, and what the future of kids comics publishing looks like. Lots of cool people, lots of cool panels. And LOTS of things to look at. I'm so tired now! But I bought a couple of cute t-shirts and met tons of people and learned a lot.

Comic Con is huge this year (again) but they seemed to have planned better. I left just as they were starting to let in the "regular" folks (non-professionals) and it looked like it was going to get pretty damn crazy. But there's at least more room for everyone to rub shoulders this time around.

If you're going, check out the Scholastic booth in the back (in the 900 aisle), where they have their Graphix line represented. Other children's publishers with booths include Abrams, Harper, Penguin/Putnam, and Hachette/Little Brown.

It was so much fun to spend the day in a place where I could be a children's publishing professional AND an enormous geek. I'm all exhilarated and exhausted now. But at least I have a TOTORO plushie to cuddle this weekend as I do initial edits on the Disney Princess manuscript an author just sent in....

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I was there on Sunday--when I went to check out the gaming tables upstairs I saw Gary Coleman and the original Chewbacca. It's gotten, from my sisters costantly attending horror and sci-fi conventions, that I am actually accustomed to seeing this Chewbacca guy. As for Gary Coleman, THAT was a new experience...

7:56 AM  
Blogger Calista said...

I'm so glad you went. You saw Gary Coleman?! Dude!

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home