Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Enjoyments

Here are some things I have enjoyed recently:

  • The Arrival by Shaun Tan: more on this wordless graphic novel later. To say it moved me is sort of like saying I'm not disinterested in my morning cup of tea.

  • The Abominable Charles Christopher by Karl Kerschl: Check out my current number one narrative web comic. XKCD and Dinosaur Comics don't count in that category since they seldom feature ongoing storylines. But I heart all three as much as my morning cup of tea, and that, as you might imagine, is saying something.

  • My morning cup of tea: I've turned into one of those weirdos with a collection of looseleaf teas and a stained and rusting teaball.

  • Going back to the gym: after a hiatus of nearly four months, I ran (read: shuffled) two whole miles! And walked another one! I try to take pride even in the most modest of my achievements.

  • Tidying the apartment: The Mister and I spent a few days putting his library in order and things feel EVER so much more spruce now. Well worth the effort.

  • Letting my roots grow out: I currently have purple/pink in the front part of my hair, from ear to ear. I'm considering scaling back to just a streak around my temple... we'll see, though. I think it might be more of a pain dying the rest of the pink back to brown than it would be to continue maintaining the full effect. But in the meantime, while I waffle with indecision, I am enjoying a respite from the two-week bleach-and-dye cycle.

6 Comments:

Blogger Anke said...

enjoyed your post, I mean...

2:52 PM  
Blogger Calista said...

Thanks, Anke!

6:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Huge fan of THE ARRIVAL, too. I read it before Scholastic published it, in its original edition, and I actually cried while reading it, over and over again--I had to put it down every time and take a break. It's one of the most moving, brilliant things I've ever laid eyes on.

8:16 PM  
Blogger beebe said...

"I've turned into one of those weirdos..." Right. You've "turned" into one. Just now. Over loose leaf teas. Uh huh.

5:55 AM  
Blogger Calista said...

Jonathan: YES, YES a THOUSAND TIMES YES. You and I seem to have had pretty much the same reaction. I can't even... we'll have to talk about this over lunch.

6:59 AM  
Blogger Calista said...

Beebe: Shuddup, you.

7:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home